LoveMath™ Aligns with Strategies to Increase Math Achievement
Title I ensures that all children have a fair, equal and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments. Highlighted below are a variety of ways that LoveMath™ aligns with key strategies in math of Title I schools:
- Differentiated Instruction – LoveMath™ provides teachers with actionable data from formative assessments to help differentiate instruction in the classroom.
- RTI Strategies – LoveMath™ is an effective supplemental tool that can be used as a Tier 2 and Tier 3 support; allows teachers to assign targeted lessons as remediation.
- Digital Learning – LoveMath™ is a web-based application that personalizes learning math; allowing students to progress at their own pace and supporting teachers with data to monitor the individual progress of each student.
- Parental Engagement – LoveMath™ informs parents of the skills and concepts students are learning in math and provides an easy communication vehicle for the teacher to connect and engage with parents.
- Professional Development – LoveMath™ comes with Professional Development opportunities for teachers for implementing Blended and Flipped Learning, as well as, Problem Based Learning with the application; PD training is available on-site and via webinars.
- Engage Community Partners – LoveMath™ integrates a powerful reward system that involves local businesses as Community Education Partners that provide discounts, coupons, free passes and other special offers to celebrate students learning new math skills.
- Innovative Learning Opportunities for Students – LoveMath™ serves as a tremendous learning activity in meeting the academic requirements of federally funded after-school programs.
LoveMath™ follows research-based instructional approaches including concrete-to-representational-to-abstract sequencing in introducing and building math knowledge. Each LoveMath™ lesson begins with modeling instruction; moves to guided practice; and ends with students completing a quiz as independent work. In all lessons, vocabulary terms are introduced and reinforced to students to help them articulate mathematical thinking coherently and precisely. LoveMath™ intentionally incorporates real world examples to emphasize relevance and integrates problem-solving strategies to develop higher order thinking skills in Title I schools.